Taeyeon’s dotfiles (.files)
A ZShell script to set up the dotfiles. It will also ask a few questions.
Run this on a new system to set it up.
The ZSH part makes use of the Prezto framework (http://github.com/sorin-ionescu/prezto)
ZSH configuration files
- zshenv : executed by all zsh instances
- zprofile : executed by any top-level shell
- zshrc : executed by interactive shells (loads prezto)
- preztorc : contains prezto-specific configuration
- zlogin : executed by login shells
zlogout : executed when a login shell exits
functions/ : Added to fpath
tae prompt setup
zplug/ : Zplug home directory
Contains utility applications I’d hate to miss
(Z) Shell scripts
- argshell : Run the same program multiple times with a common prefix of arguments
- aur.sh : Quite sophisticated AUR helper
- ffpsp(-batch) : Use HandBrakeCLI to encode videos to be compatible with Sony’s PSP.
- fix-steam-runtime.sh: Fix Steam runtime on Arch Linux (And others with “too new” libstdc++ and friends)
- force-run-elf : Try to execute a non-executable ELF file by passing it to the appropriate interpreter
- paloop : Loop a pulseaudio source to a sink.
- remembersong : Save the currently playing song name and artist to a text file.
- schedshut : Shutdown when a specific task/process finishes.
- start : Start a (graphical) app in the background; Like windows command of same name.
- syncfat : Copy files to a Windows volume while removing invalid characters from filenames.
- unpack_shift : Unpack archives with different filename encoding
- animelib : Manually organize a collection of tv series
- animelib3 : Try to automagically organize tv series as best as possible
- fileinterp.py : Play back a python script file as if it had been entered into a prompt.
- mountpart : Mount a partition in a whole-disk raw image file.
- nosaver : Try to inhibit the screensaver.
- patchdir : Patch a folder structure with files from an archive.
- sm-song-package : Try to automatically create a .smzip of songs for StepMania.
- transportlinks : Fixup symlinks after moving the target files.
- videothumb : Create (PSP compatible) thumbnails for video files.
- visualsleep : Sleep command with countdown timer.
- xconv : A simple, profile-based, batch-enabled “frontend” to ffmpeg.
- mpr : Control and listen to mpd stream at the same time.
- prepare_steam : Try to fix up steam libraries on removable media.
- stayawake : Pause media playback when user falls asleep.
Contains configuration for those utilities
- aur.conf : Configuration for aur.sh
- user-info : The user information entered at install time, in shell-readable form
- prepare_steam.vdf: Config file for prepare_steam
Contains support libraries
- libsh-utils.sh : A collection of useful shell functions
- libzsh-utils.zsh : More utility shell functions, but using zsh-specific features
- libpulse-config.sh: Functions for working with the pulseaudio configs in .files/config/pulse
- libssh-agent.sh : Functions for working with the ssh-agent
- advancedav.py : A very overengineered way to construct complex ffmpeg commandlines
- animelib.py : Library version on animelib script
- vdfparser.py : A simple parser for Valve’s VDF Key/Value format
- xconv/ : Supporting library for xconv media conversion utility
- profiles/ : (Virtual) package containing xconv profiles
Contains the git configuration (.files/git/config)
Changes made through
git config --global have to be manually applied to
.files/git/config (from ~/.gitconfig) to persist them
Also note that git uses its own version of user-info (.files/git/user-info)
- makepkg.conf : Arch/Pacman makepkg configuration. See also aur.sh and aur.conf
- vimrc : Original vim configuration
- XCompose : Compose definitions
- xinputrc : X11 input device configuration
- xprofile : X11 startup script
XDG configuration directory
- systemd/user : Systemd user units
- ssh-agent : Service unit to keep a per-user ssh-agent instance
- nvim : NeoVim configuration
Contains LaTeX classes
- Intridea beamer theme
- ‘jatools’ package with some Japanese-related things
All dotfiles are symlinked into the home directory or have a proxy file generated.
Currently employed proxies: .gitconfig, .zshenv
Files ending on .local are ignored by git.
Currently, valid .local files are: